Thursday, September 1, 2011

Smith Smith Smith Smith Smith: A Brief Introduction to Robert Daniel Smith


This is a picture of me using an iPad and a
toilet at the same time.
     Hey, guys! My name is Robbie Smith and, as you may have deduced from my enrollment in a freshman seminar at Loyola, I am a freshman at Loyola.

     There are plenty of things that interest me, but the love of my life is a game called Pokémon. In fact, I spent a large portion of my summer driving across the country in an effort to secure a spot in the national event of the Pokémon Video Game Championship Series (If you care to follow the link and scroll down to the photo of Samurott, you will see my name in the top 16 of Atlanta's "masters" age division.). After solidifying said spot in the national event, I participated and finished at 59th in the United States.


This is a picture of me with the beauty that
forever changed my expectations of animals. I
never got her Name, but we both know
there was something special.

          I love horses. I don't know what it is,  but there is something about those majestic beasts that really does it for me. When I pet a horse I feel like the king of the world. If you have never touched the hide of a horse, the sensation is somewhat comparable to (however, exponentially more satisfying than) rubbing your hands on a really nice pool table. So you can imagine the excitement!




This is a picture of me holding
a human being above my
head with nothing but my guns
and one of her feet. Her name is
Lauren and she is a real sweetie.
   

     Another interesting fact about me is that I served as the head captain of my all-male highschool's co-ed cheerleading squad. I spent 4 years as a cheerleader and it truly was the most enjoyable experience of my life. I even qualified for the All-American Cheerleading Squad and was invited to march in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. How cool is that?!

     Unfortunately, that period of my life is over and my efforts are now focused on the neverending pursuit of scholarly knowledge. And Pokémon. And horses.

     I love you. Get muddy.



7 comments:

  1. I've never touched a horse, but boy would I like to... You're the coolest. I can't wait to read more about your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Love. Pokemon. but i must say that i really lost the flow of it after they went over 400....i could keep up with it. nevertheless, its a great game and a great genre and no comments on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, black white the best game they've done. The monster designs take a minute to get used to, but once you do they fit pretty naturally. And they acclimate you pretty well by making wild encounters consist solely of the new 156 until post Elite 4. So no more geodudes and zubats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie, not to be picky, but remember, LAST NAME first thing you type in your blog title. I love the cheerleading picture. Is that you with the J on your shirt. Best of luck climbing the Pokeman ladder of success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee whiz, that is pretty picky! But I feel you. Fixed.

    ReplyDelete